Mechanical Engineering involves the application of mechanical devices and a wide range of engineering activities from industrial equipment to manufacturing plants. The purpose of this discipline is to instill the abilities of understanding as well as the fabrication of different physical models and to develop research skills to enable the students to deal confidently with real time problems.
VisionOur vision behind Mechanical Engineering program is to make this department a centre of research-based learning to produce graduates having broad knowledge of Mechanical Engineering where they will achieve excellence in their professional career and innovative skills to solve engineering problems.
- To create and disseminate in-depth knowledge of mechanical engineering through providing environment conducive to research and learning.
- To instill problem-solving, interdisciplinary skills among students so that they may serve the society in an effective way.
- To develop an in-depth knowledge of mathematics and physical sciences necessary to become engineers and professionals and an ability to apply fundamentals of mechanical principles and methods in practical situations with professional acumen.
- To develop professionalism and ethics among students, continually increase their knowledge and inculcate team work ability to help him/her enter a profession that involves engineering skills for higher education and research.
- Understanding the design and working principles of already existing objects and designing & fabrication of innovative physical models.
- An ability to design systems by using fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering and to have insight of Mechanical Engineering problems from basic to complex ones and their solution.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context and exhibit knowledge for viable development.
- An understanding of professional & ethical responsibility as well as having effective communication skills.
- An aptitude to apply the systems and skills of modern engineering and IT tools necessary for engineering practices.
- An acknowledgment of need and an ability to participate in self-regulating and life-long learning in broadest context of technological change.