Industrial Liaison Office
Within three years, PIET is achieving important milestones and gaining immense significance as an institution of higher education in Pakistan. The institute has initiated a mission to produce professionals and researchers of very high caliber, capable of developing indigenous technologies to meet the growing demand of the 21st century. It was the recognition of this need that lead to the development of the Industry Liaison Office (ILO).
PIET-ILO develops and maintains industry linkages to make PIET graduates their premium choice and identifies specific industry partners for the ongoing research at PIET. This office has direct bearing on commercialization activities. It currently looks after two areas one of which is currently operational.
Industrial Relations (IR)
The role of IR is to build and maintain strong Academia Industry Linkage with the focus on promoting and making PIET graduates the premium choice for the employers.
The role of this department is to build and maintain lifelong relations with the ILO Alumni through a common platform in order to stimulate interest, build loyalty, increase involvement and generate support for the Institute.
- Gauge industry needs and process match making with PIET to solve industrial problems.
- Acquisition of job opportunities/ placement from industry and handling all activities to facilitate identification and coordination for placement of PIET graduates.
- Facilitation of internship including acquisition of internship slots and coordinating with industry.
- Conduct employers sessions.
- Take feedback of student capabilities from industry and apprise / advice PIET management accordingly.
- Coordinate and promote PIET alumni activities.
- Industrial Exhibitions in coordination with Technical Society.
- Organizing technical seminars in order to keep the students updated about new innovations in their fields.