The admission policies and rules of University of Sargodha have been adopted and are presented here for the convenience of the applicants. The paragraphs mentioned within inverted commas are taken up from the prospectus of UoS (2013).
- Admission shall be made, on the basis of merit in accordance with the criteria laid down by the Admission Committee from time to time.
- Any student, who was rusticated, expelled, or whose entry in any Department of Institute was banned for any reason whatsoever at any time during his/her academic career, shall not be admitted to any class without the permission of the Director upon recommendation of the admission committee.
BS (IT) & BSCS
- A candidate who meets the age restriction criteria given in the prospectus becomes e eligible for admission in Bachelors of Science in Information Technology (BS-IT) on production of FA/F.Sc ./ICS or DAE result card securing 45% marks.
- A candidate who meets the age restriction criteria given in the prospectus becomes eligible for admission in Bachelors of Science in Computer Science (BSCS) on production of FA, F.Sc., ICS result card securing 45% marks.
- Candidates having 45% or more marks in I.Com, D.Com, F.A, F.Sc, ICS, DAE or equivalent are eligible to apply for admission in BBA.
- A candidate who meets the age restriction criteria given in the prospectus becomes eligible for admission on production of F.Sc./DAE result card securing 45% marks in F.Sc. (Physics, Chemistry &Mathematics)/DAE/ICS or Equivalent with at least 50% marks in Mathematics.
- Upper age limit for admissions at Graduate level has been fixed to 30 years
- “No student shall be admitted to a second or subsequent Bachelor’s Degree Courses in the Institute.”
- “The relevant authenticated certificate in respect of Hafiz-e-Quran must be attached with the original admission application failing which no credit will be given. Moreover, the applicant must pass the Hafiz-e-Quran test conducted by the relevant committee of PIET.”
- “If there is a tie between two or more candidates having equal merit, their merit will be determined on the basis of their ages, the candidates older in age shall be given preference over the younger in age.”
- The Admission Committee of PIET will decide the criteria for the admission of foreign students.